RCM Maritime is founded and operated by master mariners who are in tune with the recent evolution of the maritime industry, and who can relate to its students through real job experience. This has allowed for the development of programs that are relevant to current and future merchant mariners and that are success oriented.
Q: Is RCM Coast Guard approved and STCW compliant?
A: Yes, RCM’s site, courses, and instructors are all approved by the USCG and STCW compliant. All RCM Maritime courses are submitted to the Coast Guard for review to ensure they comply with the current STCW regulations and established requirements. Instructor credentials are submitted to the Coast Guard and evaluated to ensure they have the skills, licenses, and other certifications/documents to teach the applicable courses of instruction. Classroom facilities are also approved by the United States Coast Guard.
Q: How do I register and pay for a class?
A: You can register via email at and reserve your seat for your class. The full class payment is due prior to the start of class. You can call to pay or pay when you arrive at the class.
Q: What are RCM Maritime’s refund policies?
A: If RCM has to cancel class due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be reimbursed the full amount paid.
Q: What are RCM Maritime’s re-scheduling policies?
A: If you wish to re-schedule, there are no fees. However, you must re-schedule no later than one week before the class is to occur or fees may apply.
• RCM’s prime location is situated in the beautiful coastal city of Charleston, South Carolina.
• Located just minutes from the airport, RCM makes travel convenient both to and from our classroom for both locals and out-of-town visitors. Click here to view driving directions.
• No matter what your palate desires, dozens of hotels and local restaurants can be found within a 2-mile radius of our location.
• Take a short 15 minute drive and soak up the history and beauty of downtown Charleston.
• Spend an evening discovering one of the 5 islands that make up approximately 90 miles of beautiful beaches. Charleston’s more than 230 warm sunshine-filled days add to the appeal, as does the 65 degree average temperature.
• Aside from being the perfect city for individuals and one of the most romantic settings for couples, Charleston is also a wonderful place to bring family.
• Charleston was named Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best City in 2016, and has also been ranked the the #1 City in the U.S. and Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
• Charleston attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors each year. Besides the historical significance, Charleston offers some great attractions, beautiful landscapes and elegant architecture. Come visit this enchanting and unique town for yourself and see why people love living and visiting here so much!
“Historic Charleston is bursting with Southern charm and hospitality. The city feels a bit like it’s suspended in time, thanks to its antebellum architecture and surrounding plantation landscapes. Take in incredible views of the Battery and the French Quarter as you stroll the Waterfront Park, then become inspired by the cultivated beauty of the gardens at Middleton Place. At night, try a ghost tour for an introduction to the spooky side of the city”