Combined Basic and Advanced Firefighting
Length: 5 days
*Offered Upon Request*
We Will Work Around Your Schedule!
Fireman Holding Hammer
Fire Rescue Training
Upon successful completion of this course the mariner will have received sufficient information, instruction and assessment to satisfy the standards of:
1. Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/1;
2. Advanced Fire Fighting per STCW Code Section A-VI/3;
3. Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.302(a)(2) and 46 CFR 12.602(a)(2);
4. Basic and Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.201(h)(2) and 46 CFR 11.201(h)(3);
5. Advanced Fire Fighting per 46 CFR 11.303(a); and
6. Firefighting requirements for a national tankerman endorsement in 46 CFR 13.201(c)(3), 13.301(c)(3); 13.401(d); and 13.501(c)(3).
7. The specific TASKs from the following national guidance documents:
a. Task 17.3.A from NVICs 10-14 and 11-14 for Master/Chief Mates;
b. Tasks 13.1.B and 13.1.C from NVIC 15-14 for Chief Engineer/Second Engineering Officer;
c. Tasks 14.1.A, 14.2.A, 14.3. and 14.4.A from NVIC 12-14 for OICNW;
d. Task 12.1.A from NVIC 17-14 for OICEW
8. Basic Firefighting Refresher only requirements of 46 CFR 11.302(e) and 12.602(e);
9. Advanced Firefighting Refresher requirements of 46 CFR 11.201(h)(1) and 11.303(e).
10. The following Tasks from the National Assessment Guidelines of:
a. NIVC 08-14 Basic Training: 2.1.A thru 3.8.D of the Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting section; and
b. NVIC 09-14 Advanced Fire Fighting: 1.1.A thru 4.1.C;
Applicants who have successfully completed this course need not present completed “Control Sheets” for these assessments in application for STCW certification